Precast concrete safety barriers (sometimes known as roadside barriers) are essentially solid reinforced slabs that are designed to stand on their edge, to act as a median or edge barrier. They are designed to safely redirect vehicles that leave the roadway and are structurally strong enough to contain an out-of-control car travelling with the flow of traffic, reducing the likelihood of head on or off-road collision. The modular and portable nature of the barriers also allows them to be used for temporary diversions and traffic control.
Precast kerb units and wheel stops are used to prevent contact with adjacent buildings, traffic or pedestrians or to control kerb overhang.
· Superior structural outcome
· Quality product
- Off-site manufacture means high quality
- High strength, factory produced, long life presterssed concrete offers the ultimate outcome with minimal maintenance
· High load capacity
· Reduction in formwork and propping
· A sustainable solution
- Significant sustainability advantages through de-materialisaion
· Faster construction time
- Quick installation by highly skilled crews
- Less weather dependent
· Simplified and safer construction process
- Less trades on site
- Less exposure to OHS and industrial relations risks
- Less waste
- Less materials handling
· High quality surface finishes.
For more information regarding this product please refer to 1.3.10 of the Precast Concrete Handbook (click here to buy the Handbook) or talk to one of our Members.
|· Parking structures
|· Shopping centres
|· Marine structures
Find a Supplier