Population boom and worldwide space shortages have driven death-care industry entrepreneurs to become economical and efficient. The material of choice for the pyramids was limestone, but for present-day internment buildings, such as mausoleums, the staple product is precast concrete.
Modern, modularised precast crypts (vaults) are streamlined, efficient, durable and economical. They can be designed to support loads above (such as headstones and mausoleums). The elimination of formwork reduces the environmental impact to the surrounding area and helps protect workers from the dangers of cave-in.
· Superior structural outcome
· Quality product
- Off-site manufacture means high quality
- High strength, factory produced, long life precast concrete offers the ultimate outcome with minimal maintenance
· High load capacity
· Reduction in formwork and propping
· A sustainable solution
- Significantly sustainability advantages through de-materialisation
· Faster construction time
-Quick installation by highly skilled crews
- Less weather dependent
· Simplified and safer construction process
- Less trades on site
- Less exposure to OHS and industrial relations risks
- Less waste
- Less materials handling
· High quality surface finishes.
For more information regarding this product please refer to chapter 10 of the Precast Concrete Handbook (click here to buy the Handbook) or talk to one of our Members.
||· Public Spaces
Find a Supplier