Reinforced concrete box culverts are an economical design solution for many tunnelling, drainage and short-span bridging requirements. In drainage structures, they can cope with large flows of water where headroom is limited. Hence they are ideal in road and rail structures where they are designed to take heavy wheel loads with no fill required above the structure. This provides instant bridging with minimum traffic disruption. The fact that traffic may use such an installation immediately after placing is noteworthy when compared with any insitu construction and most alternative materials which require compacted fill in place before the loading is applied.
Download information from the Precast Concrete Handbook here.
Box culverts Fiona Stanley Hospital, Western Australia
· Superior structural outcome
· Quality product
- Off-site manufacture means high quality
- High strength, factory produced, long life precast concrete offers the ultimate outcome with minimal maintenance
· High load capacity
· Reduction in formwork and propping
· A sustainable solution
- Significant sustainability advantages through de-materialisation
· Faster construction time
- Quick installation by highly skilled crews
- Less weather dependent
- Immediate working platform
· Simplified and safer construction process
- Less trades on site
- Less exposure to OHS and industrial relations risks
- Less waste
- Less materials handling
· High quality surface finishes.
For more information regarding this product please refer to 22.214.171.124 of the Precast Concrete Handbook (click here to buy the Handbook) or talk to one of our Members.
||· Desalination plants
|· Parking structures
|· Shopping centres
|· Marine structures
||· Mining structures
Fiona Stanley Hospital, WA
Find a Supplier